- Electrical and Electronics Drafters
- Electrical drafters develop specifications and instructions for installing electrical equipment that conducts electrical energy from transmission lines to consumers. Electronics drafters draw wiring diagrams, circuit board assembly diagrams, schematics, and layout drawings used for the manufacture, installation, and repair of electronic equipment.
What do they typically do
- Consult with engineers about design concepts and requirements of detailed working drawings
- Use computer-aided drafting equipment (CAD) or conventional drafting tools to draft drawings
- Confer with engineering staff and other personnel to resolve problems
- Specify dimensions, materials, and procedures for new products
- Examine drafts and supporting documents and check measurements to make sure plans meet specifications
- Design electrical and electronic systems
- Work under the supervision of engineers
Number of Jobs
Education & Training
- Education Most occupations require training in vocational schools, related on-the-job experience, or an associate's degree.Associated Programs or MajorsLicense
First StepFind out where to start your new journey.Get started
Next StepFind out what's next in line on your career journey.Get started
Video provided CareerOneStop. CareerOneStop is sponsored by the U.S. Department of Labour, Employment and Training Administration and the Minnesota Department of Employment & Economic Development.