- Bill and Account Collectors
- Bill and account collectors, sometimes called collectors, try to recover payment on overdue bills. They negotiate repayment plans with debtors and help them find solutions to make paying their overdue bills easier.
What do they typically do
- Find consumers and businesses who have overdue bills
- Track down consumers who have an out-of-date address by using the Internet, post office, credit bureaus, or neighbors
Number of Jobs
Education & Training
- Education These occupations usually require a high school diploma.Associated Programs or MajorsLicense
First StepFind out where to start your new journey.Get started
Next StepFind out what's next in line on your career journey.Get started
Video provided CareerOneStop. CareerOneStop is sponsored by the U.S. Department of Labour, Employment and Training Administration and the Minnesota Department of Employment & Economic Development.