- Mining Machine Operators, All Other
- Architecture and Construction
- All mining machine operators not listed separately.
What do they typically do
- Drive machines into piles of materials
- Operate levers to move conveyor booms or shovels so that mine contents such as coal, rock, and ore can be placed into cars or onto conveyors
- Clean hoppers, and clean spillage from tracks, walks, driveways, and conveyor decking
- Oil, lubricate, and adjust conveyors, crushers, and other equipment, using hand tools and lubricating equipment
- Replace hydraulic hoses, headlight bulbs, and gathering-arm teeth
- Stop gathering arms when cars are full
Number of Jobs
First StepFind out where to start your new journey. Get started
Next StepFind out what's next in line on your career journey. Get started
Video provided CareerOneStop. CareerOneStop is sponsored by the U.S. Department of Labour, Employment and Training Administration and the Minnesota Department of Employment & Economic Development.