- Billing and Posting Clerks
- Transportation, Distribution, and Logistics
- Billing and posting clerks do administrative work for many types of organizations. They keep records, help customers, and carry out financial transactions.
What do they typically do
- Keep and update financial records
- Compute bills and charges
- Offer customer assistance
- Carry out financial transactions
- Prepare itemized statements, bills, or invoices and record amounts due for items purchased or services rendered.
- Check accuracy of billing data and correct errors.
- Operate typing, adding, calculating, or billing machines.
- Answer mail or telephone inquiries about rates, routing, or procedures.
Number of Jobs
Education & Training
- Education These occupations usually require a high school diploma.Associated Programs or MajorsLicense
First StepFind out where to start your new journey. Get started
Next StepFind out what's next in line on your career journey. Get started
Video provided CareerOneStop. CareerOneStop is sponsored by the U.S. Department of Labour, Employment and Training Administration and the Minnesota Department of Employment & Economic Development.