- General and Operations Managers
- Business, Management and Administration
- General and operations managers plan, direct, or coordinate the operations of organizations. Their duties and responsibilities are too diverse and general to be classified in any one area of management or administration.
What do they typically do
- Oversee activities directly related to making products or providing services
- Direct and coordinate activities involved in making, pricing, selling, or distributing products
- Review financial, activity, sales and other data to decide where to reduce costs and improve programs
- Manage staff, preparing work schedules and assigning specific duties
- Direct and coordinate organization's financial activities to fund operations, maximize investments, and increase efficiency
- Establish and carry out departmental policies, goals, and procedures, collaborating with others as needed
- Determine job requirements, and take responsibility for interviewing, hiring, and training
- Plan and direct activities such as sales promotions, coordinating with other department heads as required
Number of Jobs
First StepFind out where to start your new journey. Get started
Next StepFind out what's next in line on your career journey. Get started
Video provided CareerOneStop. CareerOneStop is sponsored by the U.S. Department of Labour, Employment and Training Administration and the Minnesota Department of Employment & Economic Development.