- Sales Managers
- Sales managers direct organizations' sales teams. They set sales goals, analyze data, and develop training programs for organizations sales representatives.
What do they typically do
- Resolve customer complaints about sales and service
- Prepare budgets and approve expenditures
- Observe customer preferences to decide about the focus of sales efforts
- Analyze sales statistics
- Predict sales and evaluate how profitable certain products and services are
- Set discount rates or special pricing plans
- Make plans to attract new customers or clients through direct sales techniques, cold calling, and business-to-business marketing visits
- Assign sales territories and set sales quotas
Number of Jobs
First StepFind out where to start your new journey. Get started
Next StepFind out what's next in line on your career journey. Get started
Video provided CareerOneStop. CareerOneStop is sponsored by the U.S. Department of Labour, Employment and Training Administration and the Minnesota Department of Employment & Economic Development.