- Natural Sciences Managers
- Agriculture, Food and Natural Resources
- Natural sciences managers supervise scientists, including chemists, physicists, and biologists. They direct research and development activities, and coordinate activities like testing, quality control, and production.
What do they typically do
- Work with top executives to develop goals and strategies for research and development
- Make budgets for projects and programs by determining staffing, training, and equipment needs
- Hire, supervise, and evaluate scientists, technicians, and other staff members
- Review the methods used in their staff's work and the accuracy of that work
- Make sure that laboratories are stocked with equipment and supplies
- Monitor the projects' progress, review research, and draft reports
- Provide technical assistance to scientists, technicians, and support staff
- Establish and follow administrative procedures, policies, and standards
Number of Jobs
First StepFind out where to start your new journey. Get started
Next StepFind out what's next in line on your career journey. Get started
Video provided CareerOneStop. CareerOneStop is sponsored by the U.S. Department of Labour, Employment and Training Administration and the Minnesota Department of Employment & Economic Development.